The College of Arts and Sciences is excited to announce our newest major in Homeland Security! Campbell University is now the only college in North Carolina to offer a 4-year undergraduate program in Homeland Security. This program draws from the areas of Criminal Justice, ITS, Social Science, and Accounting. The courses making up the major will relate to the Critical Mission Areas identified in The National Strategy for Homeland Security. The key areas of interest are:
- Intelligence and Warning
- Border and Transportation Security
- Domestic Counterterrorism
- Protecting Critical Infrastructure and Key Areas
- Defending Against Catastrophic Threats
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
Homeland Security students will understand the processes of the criminal justice system, learn vocabulary associated with homeland security, become familiar with domestic and international terrorist organizations, recognize strategies for disaster prevention, and examine areas of the world in which international terrorist organizations are formed.
The objective of Campbell University Homeland Security Program is to:
1. Prepare students for a rewarding career in the Homeland Security, National Security, Law Enforcement, Intelligence, and Corporate Security field.
2. Provide students with skills and knowledge required to work in the Homeland Security profession.
3. Broaden students’ understanding of global, political, security, economic and social issues.
4. Develop students’ competencies and experience to help them be competitive for careers in governmental organizations, law enforcement and private industry.
5. Offer students research, internship and collaboration opportunities with local, state, national, and international organizations.